[Dovecot] Can I install in the following fashion?

Stewart Dean sdean at bard.edu
Tue Mar 7 20:55:33 EET 2006

I think this is more of what I'd prefer (moving a few executables, vs.
trying to bring everything over from the original build
environment...which I was only doing because I assumed that....if make
install installed it, most of it must be necessary).
But some questions:
1) will dovecot look for dovecot.conf always in /etc?  That is, if I run
configure with:

--eprefix=/usr/local/dovecot-bld/<timestamp>
--prefix=/usr/local/dovecot-bld/<timestamp>

will the executables look to

/usr/local/dovecot-bld/<timestamp>/etc/dovecot.conf

or to /etc/dovecot.conf?

2) Similarly, will ssl_build_param refer to the IBM OPenSSL
idiosyncratic locations passed through CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS or will it
have dovecot looking for stuff in /usr/local/dovecot-bld/<timestamp>

3) Is the location and packaging of dovecot pretty much stable at this
point?  By this I mean, will the things I have to update as Dovecot
updates pretty much be constrained to just the files you mentioned?

My thanks for everyone's patience and help....
S.

--
====
Stewart Dean, Unix System Admin, Henderson Computer Resources