[Dovecot] running only the dovecot-auth service

Joshua Goodall joshua at roughtrade.net
Fri May 5 11:11:01 EEST 2006

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 06:35:59PM +0200, Udo Rader wrote:
> So is it possible to start only the "dovecot-auth" part of dovecot?

not currently.

we do this too; we just disable IMAP and leave POP3 listening on
127.0.0.1 only (also handy for testing).

> Another idea that I had was to export the created auth socket via nfs.
> Somewhere, sometimes I think to have read that it was possible to use
> unix domain sockets over nfs mounted shares, but I am not sure about
> this (and have failed so far).

Sockets over networks are known as TCP/IP :).  For this to work as described,
NFS would have to gain the capability to stream data about willy-nilly.
Let's hope that never happens.

/jg

--
Josh "Koshua" Goodall                      "as modern as tomorrow afternoon"
joshua at roughtrade.net                                       - FW109