[Dovecot] Re: Dovecot LDA & Sieve (again)

Mark Moses drecaise at gmail.com
Wed May 17 03:31:51 EEST 2006

Alex Pimperton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One of the reasons I switched to dovecot was it's use of . as the IMAP
> namespace, allowing me to create folders at the same level as Inbox.
>
> Unfortunately it seems that the sieve implementation in Dovecot LDA
> doesn't support filtering into anything other than Inbox or it's
> subfolders.
>
> I had a look at the LDA code hoping I could alter it so it would support
> folders like .Archive as well as .Inbox but no luck.
>
> Is there any way around this?
>
> Does anybody use the Dovecot LDA to filter messages like the example
> above and can tell me what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Alex

Hi Alex,

I didn't configure anything explicitly in dovecot.conf and I am able to
create folders on the same level as inbox and filter mail with sieve ( I
use a filter to move spam to a folder called Junk). I use the following
in my global sieve script in order to move spam messages to junk for a
specified account:

require ["reject", "fileinto", "comparator-i;ascii-numeric",
"relational", "imapflags"];

if  allof(
        header :value "ge" :comparator "i;ascii-numeric"
["X-Spam-score"] ["6"],
        address :is "Delivered-To" "test at example.com"
) {
        fileinto "Junk";
        stop;
}

I'm using dovecot-beta8 and sieve cvs snapshot from 13may, with postfix
2.2.x with virtual users in a mysql database.

Hope this helps you

Mark