[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.0.rc10

Egbert Jan egbert at vandenbussche.nl
Sun Nov 5 13:27:16 UTC 2006

Hi there!

I'm new to the list and Dovecot. I run a mailserver for 2 (low volume)
domains here on Mandriva Linux 2006.0 on a 400 Mhz P-III. My testbed is
Mandriva 2007.0 on 1GHz P-III.

I was planning to rebuild/test my Postfix/Courier based mailserver on the
test machine when I discovered Dovecot. I Installed rc10 and it seems to
work when I just configure (with mysql) and make (install). Since I would
like to build an rpm, I tried rpmbuild with the at src.rpm. That doen't work
for me yet. Some libraries seem to be missing. Strange, because the plain
configure/make does not complain. I will have to look into that again. Maybe
a lib in a dfferent location which I have to state somewhere.

There is no 'real' start/stop init file, as far as I can see. Should I
invent that myself or is there init script around somewhere?

TIA
Egbert Jan (NL)