[Dovecot] 1.0rc10 proxy memory usage problem

Laurent Papier papier at sdv.fr
Tue Nov 7 15:44:48 UTC 2006

Le Tue, 07 Nov 2006 17:20:13 +0200
Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> écrit:

> > With 'login_process_per_connection = no' what is the relation between
> > login_process_size and login_max_connections ?
>
> The more connections the process handles at the same time the more
> memory it needs.

Sure ! But can you give us some advise about the value we should use ?
For example :
login_process_per_connection = no
login_max_connections = 512
login_process_size = ???

How dovecot handle a too small value in login_process_size ?

> Anyway.. I did a lot of fixes now to login processes. The largest memory
> leak should be fixed by these patches:
>
> http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2006-November/006753.html
> http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot-cvs/2006-November/006754.html
>
> But I did several other fixes also which may have leaked memory or
> crashed. Mostly related to AUTHENTICATE / AUTH commands, or client
> disconnecting before login to remote server was complete.
>
> I guess it's time for rc13 :)

Nice. This will give me a reason to upgrade.

--
Laurent Papier - 03 88 75 80 50
Admin. système - SdV Plurimedia - <http://www.sdv.fr/>