[Dovecot] considering dovecot

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Tue Nov 28 21:17:47 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 15:01 -0600, Rick Hazey wrote:

>  From my research, Courier maildrop appears to be what I need for
> local delivery. Is it possible to use Maildrop for local delivery
> with Dovecot?

Yes, I use dovecot imap along with maildrop.

> Or is the Dovecot LDA needed to update the maildir

There's just a slight performance increase if you use dovecot's lda, if
you don't dovecot indexes the mails on the next access.

Can't really help you with your other questions (well, vacation solves
itself when you use maildrop, but the performance and all that)

johannes