[Dovecot] filtering out LIST cruft?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Feb 16 23:22:41 UTC 2007

On 17.2.2007, at 1.14, Dan Price wrote:

> In the absence of this feature, I wonder how other sites have handled
> this?  Obviously I can do some cleanup during migration, but I find
> that those pesky msf files like to come back.

I'd suggest writing a script that detects what files are mboxes and
move all of them under ~/mail, and make Dovecot serve only mailboxes
in ~/mail. Then add enough hidden namespaces to make existing client
configurations work.

It would be possible to write a plugin that filters the LIST output,
but I think that's way too much trouble and kind of kludgy.