[Dovecot] PLONK THE TROLL... WAS: Re: Best small server config

Jakob Curdes jc at info-systems.de
Mon Jan 29 14:57:28 UTC 2007

Timo Sirainen schrieb:

>So what do you call this?
>http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2007-January/018984.html

I think it has all been said. The only point that I would like to add is
that to someone outside the dovecot community it *can* look a bit
strange that the only "stable" version gets the comment "old and
unsupported" while it is recommended to install a version officially
labeled "beta" or "rc". This has been done here with great success - I
am using the 1.0rc on several production systems - but this - and only
this!! - point is something I can understand. I cannot follow any
criticism about bad support on this list; and even if it would be true
we all have to remember that this is not a product with a support
contract that has been paid for; although I often find that free
software has better and faster support than most paid products ....

Yours,
Jakob Curdes