[Dovecot] Dovecot LDA munging INBOX access times?

Jason Fesler jfesler at gigo.com
Thu Jun 14 07:16:59 EEST 2007

> True -- however, two points: 1) we probably won't stay with the 'mbox'
> format forever, and 2) we would like to use the Sieve plugin, which I
> believe requires use of Dovecot LDA.

Please set up a system using that plugin and make sure it does everything
you need it to.  I had multiple problems with specific features not being
available, plus no timsieved, which then begs the problem of - how will
your users manage sieve instructions.  I finally mangled a squirrelmail
plugin to use local disk for storage instead of talking to timseived and
ripped out all the incompatible bits - it wasn't pretty.

I don't want to discourage you :-) but before you get too far committed,
make sure that your needs are met.

> We also have a very large production environment.  Thanks for the ideas.

Good luck :-).