[Dovecot] 1.1Beta5 Issue

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Oct 29 21:21:42 EET 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 08:08 -0700, Jeff Grossman wrote:
> I installed 1.1Beta 5 this weekend.  I had no problems at all yesterday
> using Thunderbird.  I started reading my mail with Squirrelmail this
> morning and everything was going pretty smooth.  I tried to delete a daily
> e-mail I receive from careerbuilder.com and the IMAP process shot up to
> 99.9% and I was not able to do anything in Squirrelmail.  I killed that
> process and tried it again just to be sure what it was.  And it did it
> again.  I can delete any other message with no problems, just that one
> causes me issues.  I am not sure if Thunderbird is the same, I will have
> to wait until I get home tonight.

By "deleting" I suppose you mean "Move to trash", so the problematic
part is probably copying the message to another mailbox.

So I guess it gets to infinite loop somehow. Would be nice if you could
get gdb backtrace from the running process:

gdb /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap <pid of imap process>
bt full

Also if that's not a sensitive email, could you send it to me?