[Dovecot] Dovecot & (Al)pine - resaving messages to Inbox

Wed Aug 20 14:00:22 EEST 2008

On 8/20/2008, Nicolas KOWALSKI (nicolas.kowalski at gmail.com) wrote:
> - this is not specific to INBOX: when saving a message from a folder to
>   the same folder, Alpine complaints with the message
>   [Can't copy mails inside same folder ]

I'm not sure what you mean by 'saving' a message in the same folder.

Is this a message that you received from someone else? If so, it is
already 'saved'. You can MOVE it around all you want, but the date/time
stamps should always stay the same (it should still sort the same if you
sort by date/time).

I will *vigorously* argue AGAINST changing this behavior, if this is
what you are asking for.

If (Al)pine is actually modifying a received messages headers, then I
would declare (Al)pine as seriously BROKEN.

--

Best regards,

Charles