[Dovecot] error in 1.1.2

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Sep 9 08:49:28 EEST 2008

On Sep 8, 2008, at 11:28 PM, Cor Bosman wrote:

> They often say it took a while to get the error, and some people are
> suggesting it's only with large emails. So it could be a PHP timeout
> related bug, although im not positive.
>
> I dont think it's a coincidence that every single person that
> complaints
> has that set of errors in the dovecot error log. Over the past week
> ive found
> 1800 seperate users, and thats still only a fraction of our total
> user base.

If copying a single mail takes longer than the dotlocking timeout,
another process may have overridden the lock file and caused errors.
And since it took so long, maybe PHP or something timed out.

This should help figuring out if the problem is due to timeouts:
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.1/rev/241097889792