[Dovecot] UW-IMAP migration to namespaces

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Apr 17 18:39:26 EEST 2009

On Apr 17, 2009, at 6:37 AM, Jernej Porenta wrote:

> If I set my namespaces like this:
> namespace private {
>  separator = /
>  prefix =
>  inbox = yes
>  location = mbox:~/:INBOX=~/.mailbox
>  hidden = yes
>  list = yes
> }
>
> namespace private {
>  separator = /
>  prefix = mail/
>  location = mbox:~/mail
>  prefix = mail/
>  hidden = yes
> }

That's a bit weird way to set them up. I'd think that the second
namespace doesn't do anything useful since it would work the same with
the first namespace as well. Except the INBOX location perhaps is
different then.

> So I was wondering is there a way to skip certain directories in
> namespaces or a way to setup namespaces in a way, that you would have:
> - INBOX in home directory
> - some folders in home directory (via .subscriptions)
> - some folders in %h/mail/ directory
> - and not seeing all other files/directories in home dir

No. That's way too much of a special case. Best would be if you just
managed to move all the mailboxes to ~/mail/ and make Dovecot use only
that directory.