[Dovecot] ¿DC won't start? "leaked file fd 5:"

mathemat at gmx.net mathemat at gmx.net
Fri Feb 6 08:19:10 EET 2009

Hi Timo,

>> mail.info dovecot: Dovecot v1.0.15 starting up
>> mail.err dovecot: auth(default): Panic: Leaked file fd 5: dev 0.10
>> inode 3

> This happens only when Dovecot has been configured with --enable-devel-
> checks (or was it --with-debug in v1.0? I'm not sure anymore). The
> easiest way to avoid the problem is to not do that.
Well, I read that on the net. But the goal was to get it going *without* recompiling... please! :)

> The problem is probably related to running in a special environment
> which uses some extra fds for some things (possibly a bug or maybe a
> feature, who knows)
Maybe. But as i got it from an official repo <http://www.dovecot.org/releases/1.0/dovecot-1.0.15.tar.gz>, the thing obviously works for some folks... i'm afraid, they just configured DC somewhat sensefullier (while not documenting this anywhere).
Ideas from the profs (you)?