[Dovecot] Dovecot-antispam does not work

Jehan Pagès jehan.marmottard at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 18:50:57 EET 2009

Hi all,

just to say that finally the patch of Marcin worked great. Just my
configuration is different from yours to get it work:

        antispam_signature = X-DSPAM-Signature
        antispam_trash = trash;Trash;Deleted Items
        antispam_spam = SPAM;Junk
        antispam_dspam_binary = /usr/bin/dspam
        antispam_dspam_args = --client;--source=error;--user;%u
        antispam_mail_tmpdir = /tmp

The difference here is in the syntax. You write "--user=somemail" though in
the manual, it is written  "--user somemail". But also you were proposing 2
lines "antispam_dspam_args" though in all my tests, when I was doing such a
thing, the second line seemed to override the first (in the launch logs,
only the second line was displayed, so I guess...).
Are you sure that it works exactly the way you intend to, Marcin? And that
the "--source=error" (your first line) is indeed added as a parameter to the
call of dspam?

For the patch to the dovecot-antispam, probably it should not be integrated
"as is", but I guess that the return code of call_dspam function must
probably be checked and fixed if the call can succeed but still give a
failure return code. I set Johannes as a main recipient, maybe you will see
this email.
Bye and thanks all.

Jehan