[Dovecot] Dovecot-antispam does not work

Marcin Rzepecki m.rzepecki at iem.pw.edu.pl
Sat Feb 14 03:41:28 EET 2009

Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 05:50:57PM +0100, Jehan Pag?s wrote:
> Hi all,

Hello again,
sorry for delay, I was on short holiday ;)
> just to say that finally the patch of Marcin worked great. Just my
> configuration is different from yours to get it work:
>
>         antispam_signature = X-DSPAM-Signature
>         antispam_trash = trash;Trash;Deleted Items
>         antispam_spam = SPAM;Junk
>         antispam_dspam_binary = /usr/bin/dspam
>         antispam_dspam_args = --client;--source=error;--user;%u
>         antispam_mail_tmpdir = /tmp

Probably You won't need last line, it's used with mail backend only:

> [...]
> Are you sure that it works exactly the way you intend to, Marcin? And that
> the "--source=error" (your first line) is indeed added as a parameter to the
> call of dspam?

Oh my. You've right. I've pasted some config from my test machine, sorry
for this. :) And it was work accidentally, I think :) I'm using:
  antispam_signature = X-DSPAM-Signature
  antispam_spam = SPAM
  antispam_dspam_binary = /usr/local/bin/dspam
  antispam_dspam_args = --user "%u"
So I'm not defining '--source error' option, it's hardcoded. I have
messages with retrain status, so it's ok for me.
And if you apply patch from git sources:
http://git.sipsolutions.net/?p=dovecot-antispam.git;a=commit;h=3da16a1c2e0ed17fc0ca9968ca8b978ce28d51c8
you can add another feature - you can decide what to do if no correct
Dspam signature is found (move silently or produce an error)
antispam_signature_missing = [move|error]

> For the patch to the dovecot-antispam, probably it should not be integrated
> "as is", but I guess that the return code of call_dspam function must
> probably be checked and fixed if the call can succeed but still give a
> failure return code. I set Johannes as a main recipient, maybe you will see
> this email.

Correct. I realize that is only a workaround, but I don't have too much
time for playing with code.

Cheers,

--
Marcin Rzepecki