[Dovecot] Dovecot Support Added to OSSEC

Michael Starks dovecot at michaelstarks.com
Fri Jul 3 02:32:49 EEST 2009

I have added (beta) Dovecot support for the OSSEC HIDs. It will detect
certain attacks and error conditions, and optionally block the attacker
(similar to fail2ban). Rather than re-hash the details here, I refer you
to the OSSEC mailing list for details on how to install. I would
appreciate any feedback either here, there, or privately. The idea is to
get a few people trying it so I thought a post here would be good, too.