[Dovecot] Global ACL configuration problems: mailboxes not?visible , set ACLs not honoured

Thomas Leuxner tlx at leuxner.net
Tue Sep 1 15:16:18 EEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 01:48:38PM +0200, Andreas Ntaflos wrote:

> So, the second issue (private namespace ACLs) could be a bug in Dovecot,
> unless I misunderstood how to name ACL files for mailboxes in other
> private namespaces. The first issue (invisibility of public folders) is
> still a mystery to me.
>
> Ideas?

I know you want it handled with global ACLs, but for testing you could place a 'dovecot-acl' with 'anyone lr" in the public vmail root. Just too see if clients list folders then. For the mail client behavior, I can confirm that some still seem to allow deleting mails, but the server blocks them from doing so in reality. I suppose this is a client glitch, like you mentioned.

I remember Timo saying that global ACLs aren't the tool of trade for some things you want to achieve, but I have to leave your "expected design" questions to him.

Thomas