[Dovecot] fixing deleted-to-trash-plugin

Lex Brugman lex.brugman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 12:16:22 EEST 2009

Leonardo Rodrigues wrote:
> This seems, IMHO, more a client-side feature missing than a
> server-side one.
Could be, but this feature/plugin (i'm fine with using a
plugin for this) on the server causes all clients to behave the same
way (there are client's lacking this feature and most clients that do
support this feature don't have an option to turn it off...), which is
worth something :), and a plugin IS optional anyway ;).

> is there any other IMAP server with similar 'feature' ??? I have
> never seen any .... but i confess i have seen pretty few different imap
> server running ....
>
> do any other IMAP software daemon (like courier, for example) or any
> other full email package (like Zimbra or even Exchange, for example)
> have this feature in server-side fashion ???
My previous IMAP server: courier, has this feature, I can't recall the
default setting, but it can be turned on and off in the configuration file.
And I think the Exchange IMAP connector has this by default as Outlook is
their default client, which lacks this feature.