[Dovecot] Disconnected: Too many invalid IMAP commands

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sun Sep 20 03:28:00 EEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-18 at 16:26 -0500, Eric Jon Rostetter wrote:

> No...  Really, I've got lots of machines on older distros (3+ years)
> that are just plain stable and just plain work.

until they are owned.

> > cant recall if it was 8.04 or 8.10,
>
> Well, that's helpful...  Since the current LTS is 8.04, it better not be 8.10
> you are talking about...  Because that isn't an LTS version...

shouldn't matter, either way, if its included it should be assumed to at
least half work

> > with MailScanner,
> > which never worked, not only was it I think years old version, it was
>
> I doubt it was years old at the release of the LTS version, though often
> it is a version or two behind due to production timelines and overlaps.
>
> In any case, I know of several people who are _VERY_ happy with Ubuntu
> 8.04 LTS and MailScanner...  So personally, I don't put a lot of stock
> in your vague claims without even specific version numbers to back you up.

please do not take my word for it, I insist you dont, read the
mailscanner archives

> I have never ran debian, so I won't spin any rot that debian people do.

errrrr you seem to think the world shines out of ubuntu's ass, but dont
realise that ubnuntu follows the same policies and principles of debian,
even to the point that the vast majority of the ubuntu package
maintainers ,  maintain the debian versions.

thank christ you dont work for me, I dont tolerate idiots who do such
things,  I feel sorry for your employer.