[Dovecot] sieve vacation error

Andre Rodier andre.rodier at red2.co.uk
Thu Sep 24 11:14:50 EEST 2009

Hello everybody,

First, I want to thank the development team for the quality and the
stability of dovecot. It's now running without problem since two years
on my debian box.

Next, I'd like you help me to solve the problem I have with
vacation/sieve script. My configuration is debian lenny, with standard
dovecot packages (1.0). I have setup the sieve plugin, using roundcube
on another machine, and filter is working fine. fileinto is working, as
well as forward and discard. However, vacation is not working at all,
and I have no error message. The mails sent to the account marked as
vacation are received, but the auto answer process is not working.

Here the successful logs from the vacation reject script, that I
temporary use:

Sep 23 17:32:41 mail deliver(some.user): Loading modules from directory:
/usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lda
Sep 23 17:32:41 mail deliver(some.user): Module loaded:
/usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lda/lib90_cmusieve_plugin.so
Sep 23 17:32:41 mail deliver(some.user): maildir:
data=/home//some.user/Maildir
Sep 23 17:32:41 mail deliver(some.user): maildir:
root=/home//some.user/Maildir, index=/home//some.user/Maildir, control=,
inbox=
Sep 23 17:32:41 mail deliver(some.user): cmusieve: Using sieve path:
/home//some.user/sieve/dovecot.sieve
Sep 23 17:32:41 mail deliver(some.user): cmusieve: Executing script
/home//some.user/sieve/dovecot.sievec
Sep 23 17:32:41 mail deliver(some.user):