[Dovecot] help on migrating some old Maildirs

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jul 14 22:45:42 EEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 16:31 -0300, Leonardo Rodrigues wrote:

> 1) do the lack of S= and W= parameters will negatively impact on
> something ? Quota calculation comes to my head about that .... as i'll
> have to restore several thousands of messages, i'm worried about
> negative impacts on anything

If you're using Maildir++ quota, then quota recalculation is slower
because those files need to be stat()ed to get the size.

> 2) is there any way of having dovecot to calculating the S= and W=
> parameters and renaming those files and, thus, avoiding some negative
> impact caused by the lack of them ?

They are calculated and saved to dovecot-uidlist files. Maildir++ quota
code ignores that though..

Anyway, the filenames themselves can't be renamed, because
the ,S=xx,W=yy is part of the "maildir base filename", and changing it
assigns a new UID for the message.