[Dovecot] Seperator

William Blunn bill+dovecot at blunn.org
Mon Apr 25 21:52:42 EEST 2011

On 12/04/2011 22:35, Carsten Laun-De Lellis wrote:
> I hope to get some help on the separator. I am sure that I hava a wrong
> understanding what the separator is.
>
> I thaught the separator is the delimiter within the imap folder structure.

The 'separator' directive controls what appears in the IMAP layer only,
and does not affect how Dovecot stores e-mail in the filesystem.

If you want Dovecot to store Maildir folders in hierarchical
directories, you should be able to do this by specifying relevant
parameter in the mail location.

See:

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/MailLocation/Maildir#Directory_layout

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/MailLocation/Maildir#Mailbox_directory_name