[Dovecot] limiting number of login attempts from same ip

Tom Hendrikx tom at whyscream.net
Tue Jun 14 01:12:42 EEST 2011

On 13/06/11 23:49, Jürgen Obermann wrote:

> I admit that fail2ban can stop this attack, but we have solaris and not
> linux and therefore the actions fail3ban wants to start are not available.

If fail2ban itself can run on your box, then that's the way to go.

All actions in fail2ban are simple scripts that use other tools on the
OS (f.i. iptables on linux). I'm not into solaris at all, but if solaris
has a scriptable firewall (I bet it does), then the fail2ban list can
help you use it.

--
Regards,
	Tom