[Dovecot] rare ssl issue

Eduardo Casarero ecasarero at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 21:51:24 EET 2012

I'am having a rare situation with ssl connections. I can connect to 993/995
but the connection never starts.

>From the client side i test with:

$ openssl s_client -connect example.com:993
CONNECTED(00000003)

and stays like that... waiting.

In the other side i see in dovecot logs:

 Disconnected: Inactivity (no auth attempts): rip=x.x.x.x, lip=x.x.x.x, TLS
handshaking

this happens from some networks only, so i think that mi isp (where the
server is hosted) is doing some kind of shaping. But if i try to connect to
port 465 for example, or 443 it works like a charm.

i am talking to my isp, but i thougth that someone may have a hint or any
comment that could help.

regards,

eduardo.