[Dovecot] Sieve stopped working

Ben Versang ben at versang.com
Thu Jun 14 10:20:05 EEST 2012

Hi,

I have installed RoundCube a couple of years ago on a Snow Leopard server. All nice and dandy up to today.

Sieve has stopped working and I have spent hours and been unable so far to get it up and running again.

When I run ps aux |grep sieve it is not returning anything to me suggesting that the problem is not with sieve it-self but rather with Dovecot not starting the sieve.

If anyone could give me some leads I can't think of anyting else.

netstat -a |grep 2000 returns
returns nothing

telnet localhost 2000
Trying ::1...
telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused
Trying fe80::1...
telnet: connect to address fe80::1: Connection refused
Trying 127.0.0.1...
telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

The rest of mail functions are working fine (IMAP, SMTP...).

Thanks in advance
Ben