[Dovecot] Berkeley DB with Dovecot

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun May 20 20:05:38 EEST 2012

Am 20.05.2012 19:00, schrieb Jerry:
> What I meant was that "SQLite" would have to be installed on the
> system. As far as I know, it is not; although MySQL is. I just talked
> to my friend and he told me the problem was that the owner of the
> company was/is afraid of damaging the databases presently in use. We
> are going to assure him that no such thing will happen and hopefully put
> his mind at ease.

why in the world should existing databases get damaged by another one?

it is the main job of a db-server to offer as many databases/users/tables
as needed and since if you are using MyISAM each database have it's own
folder which you can even copy offline to any other server how should
any damage be technically possible only because one more db?

stats of one of our mysql-servers:
* databases: 195
* tables: 4652
* records: 329049