[Dovecot] Master User Question

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Mon Oct 8 21:43:20 EEST 2012

Am 08.10.2012 20:32, schrieb Marc Perkel:

> On 10/8/2012 11:26 AM, Robert Schetterer wrote:
>> Am 08.10.2012 20:09, schrieb Marc Perkel:
>>> OK - I'm trying to do weird stuff so rather not answer why I'm doing
>>> this.
>>>
>>> Trying to log in using a master user:
>>>
>>> user at example.com*master at master.com
>>>
>>> When debugging the master authenticates - but then it tries to
>>> authenticate user at example.com and it's not found. And - it is true that
>>> the user doesn't actually exist.
>>>
>>> What I want to do is allow it to log in without checking if the user
>>> exists, just on the credentials of the master.
>> i dont understand why login should work with masteruser to user , when
>> user does not exist, would you like to get the user created on the fly
>> by masteruser login etc ?
>
> The directory structure for user at example.com exists. Just not in the
> regular mysql database. If I create a fake passdb system it works:
>
> passdb {
>   driver = static
>   args = nopassword=y
> }
>
> However - it leaves the system wide open for anyone. Basically - only
> master users are going to log in and manage stored spam for regular
> users. The master user will be able to spoof being the regular user to
> review stored spam.

whats the problem in simply create the user mailbox?
i.e lda etc may do it on the fly be recieving a mail

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/LDA
-m <mailbox>: Destination mailbox (default is INBOX). If the mailbox
doesn't exist, it will not be created (unless the lda_mailbox_autocreate
setting is set to yes). If message couldn't be saved to the mailbox for
any reason, it's delivered to INBOX instead.
--
Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer