[Dovecot] how to best import Evolution/Thunderbird mail into dovecot?

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Wed Oct 17 21:36:47 EEST 2012

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 08:21:47PM +0200,
   Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-10-17 at 13:12 -0500, /dev/rob0 wrote:
> > Did you mention whether or not you're using maildir?

> The reason is mainly that I have gazillions of mail in a ~ 60 GB
> archive... even with an fs optimised for small files I'd loose far
> too much space per mail than I want to afford.

Fine, maildir is not the perfect solution for everyone. But I'm
confused about why Evolution/Thunderbird local folders to IMAP
folders does not work. That should be the best approach.

If it does not work, you're going to have some perl/python/ruby
scripting to do.