[Dovecot] Wrong quota calculation

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Sep 19 15:47:28 EEST 2012

On 19.9.2012, at 15.15, Cibest ML wrote:

> There's one quite strange thing we've seen. Display the subscription windows in Thunderbird and unchecking INBOX then shows two entries. "INBOX" that isn't selected" and "Inbox" that is selected and cannot been unselected. Checking "INBOX" again makes "Inbox" disappear (subscription window need to be closed & reopened after each action).

No idea. INBOX is treated case-insensitively by IMAP protocol.

> I'm not sure that what we see in Thunderbird is related to the problem but who knows. Any help is of course welcome as we're out of ideas :)

Create a test server. Make your Dovecot config minimal. Test with another quota backend. Test with local filesystem. See what change breaks the quota calculation. It is somehow related to your current config, since it's not broken for everybody.