[Dovecot] Slooow imap copy to "Sent" folders

Thu Apr 18 19:54:20 EEST 2013

On 2013-04-18 12:14 PM, Bob Miller <bob at computerisms.ca> wrote:
> We have a monopoly ISP who gives terrible upload speeds in their
> internet packages.  it is pretty easy for most offices to flood the
> upload side of the connection, and when that happens we see the symptoms
> you describe.  Not sure if that is applicable to you, but that is what I
> check when I get these reports...

We deal with a lot of large attachments, so I can't wait for the new
'Submission' agent in dovecot, which will allow someone to write a
plugin that will leverage it to automatically save a copy of all sent
messages to a designated Sent folder (like gmail does now)... then you
can simply disable the 'Save a copy of sent messages to the server' for
your dovecot account (if this option is enabled) and it happens
automagically from then on.

--

Best regards,

Charles