[Dovecot] getting quota error when accessing private namespace

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Fri Jul 12 09:39:56 EEST 2013

Am 12.07.2013 07:27, schrieb Andreas Oster:
> Hi all,
>
> I have run into a problem which I cannot find a solution for.
>
> I have created an additional private namespace with the following
> commands in dovecot.conf :
>
> namespace {
>   disabled = no
>   hidden = no
>   ignore_on_failure = no
>   inbox = no
>   list = children
>   location = maildir:/var/vmail/archives/%Ln/Maildir
>   mailbox "archived mails" {
>     auto = subscribe
>     driver =
>     special_use = \Archive
>   }
>   prefix = Archives/
>   separator = /
>   subscriptions = yes
>   type = private
> }
>
> plugin {
>   quota = maildir:User quota:ns=
>   quota2 = maildir:Archives quota:ns=Archives/
>   quota2_rule = *:storage=5G
>   quota_rule = *:storage=1G
>   quota_rule2 = Trash:storage=+200M
> }
>

> I can access the new namespace without any problems but every time
> a folder in this namespace is accessed, I get the following error
> messages in mail.err log:
>
>   dovecot: imap(testuser): Error: quota: Unknown namespace: Archives/
>   dovecot: last message repeated 49 times
>

> Quota seems to work, though I have the feeling, that it only will be
> updated when closing and reopening the mail client, but this can also
> be a client issue.
>
> Quota for the INBOX is either taken from LDAP or, if there is no value
> defined in LDAP, will be assigned a quota of 1G
>
> The Archives/ namespace has a static quota of 5G for every user.
>

> Does anyone have idea how to get rid of these error messages ?
>
> Thank you for your kind help
>
> Andreas

why you want to have a separate namespace for archives ?, why not use
simply a imap folder for every user ( which i wouldnt call archives,
cause that name is allready used by thunderbird etc ), or use some pub
namespace with an archive-username folder, restrictions can be done by
acl, what problem youre trying to solve?

perhaps you might have a look at

http://sys4.de/de/blog/2013/02/07/mailarchiv-mit-dovecot-und-postfix-sortiert-nach-datum-mailadressen-und-ein-ausgehend-unterordnern/

for ideas

also

http://sys4.de/de/blog/2013/03/25/outlook-2013-special-use-mit-dovecot/

should give you help for special use handling, guess german is ok for you

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--
[*] sys4 AG