[Dovecot] Dovecot Virtual Folders... could these be managed by a/the Client?

Fri Jul 12 16:21:37 EEST 2013

Hi all/Timo,

I was thinking about Thunderbirds ability to create Virtual folders
allowing you to have many different views of your messages...

The downside though, is you only see these in Thunderbird.

I know that dovecot supports server side virtual folders:

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Plugins/Virtual

But I'm wondering about the possibility to manage these from the client
side...

For example, would it be possible to create an extension in Thunderbird
that allowed the user to manage these (create, edit the filters for,
delete, rename, etc)?

Thanks,

--

Best regards,