[Dovecot] piegonhole sieve prepending header lines with an extra space

Anand Kumria wildfire at progsoc.org
Wed Jul 24 14:04:10 EEST 2013

Hi Stephan,

On 24 July 2013 11:52, Stephan Bosch <stephan at rename-it.nl> wrote:

> Op 7/24/2013 12:32 PM, Anand Kumria schreef:
>
>  Hi Stephan,
>>
>> Attached is the configuration and both the original message as received
>> (sieve redirect test.eml) and what it was like at the location where the
>> redirect was received (1373811315.24616_23.niflheim:**2,S)
>>
>> Let me know if you need anything else to diagnose the problem.
>>

> Bizarre. I haven't seen this before, I cannot reproduce it and I don't see
> how Sieve could be introducing additional spaces. Anything is possible, but
> are you sure this is caused by Sieve?

The only sieve script in use is:

if anyof( address :is "to" "akumria at acm.org", exists "List-ID")
{

       redirect "wildfire at progsoc.org";
       keep;
}

> Is `sieve redirect test.eml' the same as what is saved by Sieve using
> fileinto? I'm wondering what exact message is being passed to Sieve, since
> this problem could also be caused by the LMTP transfer.

I'm not sure what you mean by your first question, but from what I
understand if there was no 'keep' in the above script I would not have a
local copy.

As I said, my suspicions are on 'mail_crlf_save = yes', since that *is*
specifically modifying the headers associated with the message.

Regards,
Anand