[Dovecot] Released Pigeonhole v0.4.0 for Dovecot v2.2.1.

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Fri May 10 01:36:09 EEST 2013

On 5/9/2013 11:35 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 10.5.2013, at 0.23, Stephan Bosch <stephan at rename-it.nl> wrote:
>
>> Anyway, adding support for implicitly storing sent messages in the \Sent folder should be easy enough, but it is not a fool-proof solution. Timo was discussing this a while back on the SMTP mailinglist, but people there weren't too enthusiastic about standardizing a feature like this so far.
> I was thinking about continuing that after we have implemented something.

Yeah, good idea.

My patch queue (hg mq) is here:

http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-2.2-patches/

The toplevel submission.patch also updates the Dovecot TODO file, so you
can look there for what remains to be done. The auto-save-to-sent
feature is not mentioned there  yet.

> It seems that the "best" idea really was the one I had in the beginning and Alexey also suggested:
>
> 250 2.0.0 [localcopy] Message accepted
>
> Very IMAP-like instead of SMTP-like, but .. well, it's a very IMAP-specific feature in any case (until IMAP replacement protocol comes some day).

ManageSieve uses this textual response-code style as well. :)

Some SMTP replies already have a somewhat structured text part, e.g. a
domain name as the first word, or an optional mailbox specification
enclosed in '<' and '>'. So, I don't think it would be completely
strange to put it there.

Regards,

Stephan.