[Dovecot] Released Pigeonhole v0.4.0 for Dovecot v2.2.1.

Christian Rohmann christian.rohmann at frittentheke.de
Fri May 10 13:12:44 EEST 2013

Hey Stephan,

On 05/09/2013 11:23 PM, Stephan Bosch wrote:
> It basically acts as a front-end to your normal MTA. First of all, it
> provides a convenient way to add SMTP AUTH support to any MTA. But the
> main goal for this project is to implement an SMTP submission server
> with full support for the LEMONADE profile
> (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4550). It acts as a proxy server, so it
> doesn't queue anything; once the client sees a success reply for the
> message submission, it is already accepted in the actual MTA queue.

I have one remark and one question:

Remark: Don't forget XCLIENT / XFORWARD support to help the "real" MTA
understand who it's really talking to.

Question: Will the new SMTP submission code somehow solve the robustness
issues with sieve doing SMTP submission? We talked about it last
November. Subject was "[Dovecot] Sieve puts incoming message into inbox
on any problem with submission_host".

Regards

Christian