[Dovecot] LDA/LMTP - saving to INBOX fallback on tempfail?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri May 31 16:51:27 EEST 2013

On 31.5.2013, at 16.44, Larry Rosenman <larryrtx at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think I like the temporary failure idea.  BUT, please make sure to log
> all pertinent information to maillog so the admin/user can fix it if it's
> not something that is automatically fixed.

Sure, error logging would work as it does now.

> I.E. permissions, etc.

Permission error isn't actually a temporary failure. In that situation the mail would be delivered to INBOX. A temporary error is only something that really should fix itself by waiting/retrying, without the user or sysadmin having to do anything specific to that user.