[Dovecot] Dovecot MTA

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Nov 10 21:04:53 EET 2013

On 10.11.2013, at 20.00, Daniele Nicolodi <daniele at grinta.net> wrote:

> At the same time I see here on the mailing list frequent reports of bugs
> in Dovecot that would have been quite easy to catch with more test
> coverage. Spending time and energies into extending unit and integration
> tests for the current Dovecot would IMHO be very well worth.

This is definitely something that’s going to improve in future, regardless of what other Dovecot features are going to be implemented.

> Additionally I feel that Dovecot documentation can see some love as
> well.  Having the wiki as main source of documentation does not look
> very polished, compared, for example to the extremely good written and
> maintained Postfix documentation.

I don’t know how to improve the current documentation. (Other than implementing the few missing man pages.) There is going to be a Dovecot book soon though, maybe that’ll help.