[Dovecot] recipient_delimiter

Larry Stone lstone19 at stonejongleux.com
Fri Sep 27 23:54:41 EEST 2013

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013, LuKreme wrote:

>> Why use procmail when sieve is so much more powerful?
>
> First, I have a lot of procmail recipes over many years. Second, there
> are quite a few things that sieve can?t do that procmail does well (for
> just one example, calling external programs).

One of the things I do with Procmail is look for certain key phrases in
email to a particular special account and if found, send an email that
includes the line containing that key phrase to my cell phone text message
address. It's easy to do with Procmail and formail (which is part of the
Procmail suite); I haven't a clue how to do that (if it's even possible)
in Sieve.

I think those who advocate getting rid of Procmail in favor of Sieve are
those whose interest is in sorting mail into folders. Those of us who
advocate using Procmail are those who use Procmail for other purposes.

-- Larry Stone
    lstone19 at stonejongleux.com