[Dovecot] Dovecot Replication setup

IT geek 31 itgeek31 at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 17 21:44:05 UTC 2014

On 17 April 2014 14:31, Teemu Huovila <teemu.huovila at dovecot.fi> wrote:

> I wish someone -with earlier experience- would answer these questions, to
> help us avoid all this fuss....
> I regret that I did not spot the error in your configuration and Im sorry
> nobody else was able to answer you either. The dsync
> feature (as it is used since v2.2) is one where perhaps not so many have a
> lot of production environment experience. I hope you
> will have an easier time from now on.

I struggled getting any information together on getting replication set up.
 It took a while, but finally I got there.

I have to say, once set up it has been very robust and reliable.  To know
that our production mails are replicated to an offsite system over a VPN is
very comforting.  Why more people aren't using this I don't know... it has
been brilliant.

Thanks as always to Timo for putting together a brilliant product.

-Mark