[Dovecot] How to bring dovecot to using a slightly modified passwd file

Andreas Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Mon Apr 21 15:26:13 UTC 2014

Stephan von Krawczynski:
> If there is no chance to convince Timo for something like a passwd-scheme
> parameter useful for more people than just me I will probably rewrite the
> stuff myself. Nevertheless if someone kindly points me to the right piece of
> code I could save some hours searching for it myself...
Stephan,

I'm not aware on any function you need to specify the passwd layout.
So a short solution would be a patch to dovecot.

A more general solution could be a separate scheme beside
the existing auth backends http://wiki2.dovecot.org/PasswordDatabase
or a mechanism to specify passwd fields as you suggested.

Andreas