[Dovecot] Can't find sieve files

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed Apr 23 00:10:01 UTC 2014

On 4/23/2014 12:52 AM, Chris Kottaridis wrote:
> Basically, I get an error message for all my scripts that get included
> by the Active.sieve. The Active.sieve file and all the scripts exist in
> the /var/vmail/<user>/sieve directory and sieve_dir is set to ~/sieve.
> So, I am not sure why it can't find them if it can find Active.sieve.

Enable mail_debug=yes. This way, Dovecot should log where it is looking
for the Sieve files.

> plugin {
> sieve = ~/sieve/Active.sieve
> sieve_dir = ~/sieve
> }

This is not a good idea. Don't put the active script link (sieve=)
inside the script storage (sieve_dir=). There is special magic to
prevent the Active script from showing up in ManageSieve as an
additional script, but it is best to avoid this situation altogether.

Regards,

Stephan.