Fatal: master: service(imap): child 28145 killed with signal 11 (core dumped) -- started happening after upgrade last night

Ben Johnson ben at indietorrent.org
Mon Aug 18 15:30:05 UTC 2014

On 8/18/2014 8:36 AM, Ben Johnson wrote:
> Just an observation: I sent another message to the list a few days
> before this message, describing an unhandled exit scenario where
> dovecot-antispam plug-in is concerned ("Re: Backtrace io_add(0x1) called
> twice fd= (was Exit status code 134; what is it, in the context of
> Dovecot Antispam plug-in?)", and another user submitted a similar
> message with subject "antispam plugin crash".

Yep... disabling the antispam plugin stops the crashing.

Ironically, the very reason for which I replaced my distro's source
repos with

deb http://xi.rename-it.nl/debian/ stable-auto/dovecot-2.2 main
deb-src http://xi.rename-it.nl/debian/ stable-auto/dovecot-2.2 main

and upgraded to the latest available package there is to get antispam
working with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. Out-of-the-box, the plugin does not work
on 14.04 (at least with my particular configuration), which includes
Dovecot 2.2.9. I started a different thread on that subject, but never
followed-up with the appropriate debugging info.

Perhaps the next step is to go back to Dovecot 2.2.9 via the Ubuntu
repos and capture a debug backtrace for dovecot's "deliver" executable
(since that's where the antispam-related crash occurs on that version of
Dovecot).

-Ben