Error: mremap_anon(###) failed: Cannot allocate memory

Andy Dills andy at xecu.net
Mon Dec 8 00:54:14 UTC 2014

We're running dovecot 2.2.15 with pigeonhole 0.4.6, in a clustered
environment, nfs with proxy and backend on all servers.

I've been seeing some odd errors from lmtp:

Error: mremap_anon(127930368) failed: Cannot allocate memory

It seems to affect specific users, but it doesn't seem to manifest in any
particular way; no user complaints. Just the occasional log message.

I would guess this is a bug? I'm open to suggestions and I'd be happy to
post config if somebody has an idea.

Thanks,
Andy

---