[Dovecot] Status

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Feb 10 15:41:59 UTC 2014

On 10.2.2014, at 7.31, Christian Rohmann <crohmann at netcologne.de> wrote:

> Hey Timo,
>
> hope you are not fully knocked out by the flu?

I'm all good now, but traveling once again which makes things more difficult. Although I really should make the v2.2.11 release now even if I haven't read through all the mails.. Maybe the airplane will have wifi, lets see. :)

> On 04.02.2014 23:13, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>> - I'm planning on going through Dovecot list's mails this week and make v2.2.11 release
>
> Since you sometimes ask for bugs or improvements to take into an
> upcoming release ... may I nag you again with this idea of self healing
> the file names / size of zlib compressed maildir files for version >=
> 2.2.11?

That's quite a lot of work for fixing something that shouldn't really be happening in the first place. I think those problems only happen once immediately after enabling zlib plugin and for some reason having the wrong (or missing) S=sizes in maildir filenames? Running http://dovecot.org/tools/maildir-size-fix.pl for all users once should fix that. So I don't really see this worth spending time on.