[Dovecot] Corrupted Mail?

Patrick De Zordo patrick at spamreducer.eu
Tue May 27 17:41:34 UTC 2014

I would prefer work with dsync (maybe in 2 steps), it preserves message UIDs.. and that's what you really want.

> I get my mail from a variety of ISP and online email accounts using fetchmail. I
> guess there's no change needed there?

Think it wouldn't change anything, it just gets mail from remote server and gives it to the local one..
Are all the messages available as a copy on the ISP side or are they purged on every fetch and so they are just available on your server locally?

> That feeds into procmail. I think I will have to change the mail procmail
> configuration file and ALL my procmail recipe rc files (I have
> many) - which filter into several different mboxs?

Personally never use procmail.. working with sieve scripts.

> Within one of the procmail recipes I call spamassassin and clamscan.
> Will they be a problem?

You could use amavis; it "glues" alltogether..
Are you using postfix as MTA?

> Then Dovecot. What changes do i need to make within Dovecot?
>
> What about the clients? Do I need to configure squirrelmail, Evolution or
> iPad/iPhone email clients?
>
> I archive old mail using archivemail. I think this can cope with maildir format,
> but it archives to a mbox - which I guess is not a problem except when I want
> to retrieve something from the archive - but I think I can use Mutt for that?

Are you working with virtualized server or bare metal?