director

Eduardo Ramos eduardo at freedominterface.org
Tue Sep 23 20:26:37 UTC 2014

Hi,

In fact you don't NEED a director. You can use two dovecot servers
sharing a NFS storage with a normal (backend) implementation. It's good
to see that page: http://wiki2.dovecot.org/NFS for some good recomendations.

You must have a base_dir for each instance of dovecot you want to run,
and a dovecot.conf as well. One could be director and other backend. I
suggest you have two separated configuration directories,
/etc/dovecot-director and /etc/dovecot-backend. Each with the respective
configuration. Start dovecot with "dovecot -c
/etc/dovecot-director/dovecot.conf". Backend is the same.

In order to help more, provide us more details about your environment
and doulbts.