quota setup assistance (postfix+dovecot+mysql)

rooster yawowb+dovecot at nuclei.ca
Mon Mar 30 11:05:12 UTC 2015

> On 2015-03-29, at 10:16 AM, Gedalya <gedalya at gedalya.net> wrote:
>
> This problem can be reproduced in one second. Here you go:
>
> protocol lmtp {
>    mail_plugins = $mail_plugins sieve imap_quota
> }
>
> Mar 29 13:13:33 mail dovecot: lmtp(25315): Connect from local
> Mar 29 13:13:33 mail dovecot: lmtp(gedalya at gedalya.net): Error: Couldn't load required plugin /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib11_imap_quota_plugin.so: dlopen() failed: /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lib11_imap_quota_plugin.so: undefined symbol: command_unregister
>
> Simple: imap_quota is not a plugin for lmtp, it is a plugin for imap. Notice the last bit of the error message. It won't work just like you couldn't dynamically load it into LibreOffice or whatever.

	Thank you for pinpointing the issue. Unfortunately, I am at a lost then as to why it fails for me. My settings are as follows :

10-mail.conf : mail_plugins = $mail_plugins zlib quota

15-lda.conf : mail_plugins = $mail_plugins sieve

20-imap.conf : mail_plugins = $mail_plugins imap_zlib imap_quota antispam

20-lmtp.conf : mail_plugins = $mail_plugins sieve

	Am I to remove each $mail_plugins and then explicitly set each mail_plugins = ""? Looking at my doveconf -n file I posted originally, I do see the following :

protocol lmtp {
	mail_plugins = " zlib quota imap_zlib imap_quota antispam sieve"
}

	And checking the doveconf - n output right now on the server I see the same as above (I was checking in case I had attempted changes since my original post, but nothing has changed).

	So, either due to a bug or working as intended (or possibly, both), my lmtp protocol section is loading all $mail_plugins.
	Is it correct to theorize that if the file 20-lmtp.conf were to be renamed so that it was numbered between 16 and 19, that this $mail_plugins problem would be resolved? Or should I rename 20-imap.conf and 20-pop3.conf (I have not enabled POP3 as of yet), to higher digits (e.g. : 21-imap.conf and 21-pop3.conf)? If renaming the conf files to higher digits will fix this for me, I am inclined to do so to the imap and pop3 conf files. :)

	If this is a bug, is this the ubuntu package at fault, or something further up the chain?