Failed running extprograms execute via socket - fatal recv(MSG_PEEK) failed disconnected

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Tue May 5 08:52:53 UTC 2015

E.B. schreef op 5-5-2015 om 9:40:
> Sorrys. I decided to "make clean" and do new "./configure" "make" and "make
> install" for dovecot first, then pigeonhole to make sure nothing is off. After
> I do that I get same original error:
>
> dovecot: script: Fatal: recv(MSG_PEEK) failed: disconnected
>
> I went to go verifying in dovecot-pigeonhole that the two new patches are there
> by manual inspect the source files you patched. I found only the first one, not
> http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-2.2-pigeonhole/rev/1eb0362461f0 maybe this
> because I downloaded a snap shot link at the top that wasn't built with the
> 2nd change?
>
> I put 2nd change in manually (its only one liner) rebuilded and after install.....
> same error with recv(MSG_PEEK)
>
> Thanks for ongoing help

Argh! Ok, that fix was a bit incomplete still:

http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-2.2-pigeonhole/rev/89e0cef5b264

I wonder why my test didn't fail.

The extent of this bug is limited to using execute as a command (as
opposed to using it as a test in an `if' statement) and not providing it
with any input.

Regards,

Stephan.