Redundant and Geobalancing setup

Cedric Malitte cedric.malitte at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 06:15:43 UTC 2016

Thanks Robert,

Having 2 separate servers would mean domain splitting in a way.
So I'll have to dispatch incoming mail, and maintain 2 or more users
databases.
Well I could only maintain one, and let the DB replicate itself to other
servers and only grab the users they are allowed to.

We have many domain aliases for many countries and a dozen users traveling
around the globe.
So geo balacing would not be the best for them.

But the redundancy is missing.... if one server goes down, I loose a bunch
of users and that's not what I am looking for.

I looked for providers offering that, but I guess my bosses would not let
me spend over 3000$ per month on that.
Else I would already have the mails hosted by microsoft and have a cocktail
on the beach :)

I'm not any kind of guru, I do not have any disciples.
I did kernel mod development on embedded systems with freebsd 4 and 5, I
still develop some linux kernel drivers for proprietary systems from time
to time.
My main degree is electronic engineering and I also graduated in computing
related to management in other words I learned a bit of everything to be
able to manage teams developers and understand what they do.

Looks like it's doable, so I'll continue to dig and experiment.

Best regards

Cedric